Allow me a moment of sappiness. Our time with the Gawler Rotary Club is coming to an end (Monday) and it has been truly amazing. These people have opened their homes and invited us into their lives.
My Sandy Creek host family has been Maggie and Wayne Murphy. They own their own consulting engineering firm that they run from their home. And, they are about the funniest people you could meet. We laugh, a lot...pick fresh grapefruit from their garden trees in the morning for breakfast and finish with a bottle of their wine at night.
I know that I will stay with some nice people along this trip, but they have set the bar pretty high. Maggie and Wayne are just great human beings and amazing hosts. They are the very best of Australia and I’m lucky to have had the opportunity to be welcomed into their family and appreciate being treated as one of their own. Thanks guys!
These pictures don’t do justice to their beautiful home and amazing gardens, but it my feeble attempt…
Terrific blog, Ryan. I'm enjoying it already. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThis is really wonderful, Ryan. There's nothing like spending time with the people of Australia. The friendship with your host family will last a lifetime.
ReplyDelete