Yesterday, I spent the day visiting local public and private early childhood learning centers. The day was part of my vocational exchange and provided me with an excellent opportunity to learn about the Australian Early Learning Standards and how things are done Down Under.
I was also able to meet with a regional administrator to explore some of the policy level decisions. I’m not sure that these pictures will be of interest, but I am including them anyway.
Overall, it was a really good day.
---
The first two pictures are from the Toy Library. The library is exactly what it sounds like…people come to the school and can check out various toys for a few weeks and then return them when they are done. It is really helpful and I don’t know why we don’t do something similar in America.
The kids are working on sensory and cognitive skills in the sand and water workshop area.
Here we are reading the Magic Beach while decompressing prior to lunch.
In Australia, the sun gets so strong and hot that any time kids are outside playing (or whatever) they are required to wear hats and sunblock. I didn’t get a really good shot of them in all of their hats, but they were hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment