Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are...

As many of you know, I dislike zoos. And, I blame the Topeka Zoo for it. However, a funny thing happened the other day…we spent it at a “wild life park.” In fact, we spent it at Gorge Wild Life Park and (wait for it) we had a blast.

I’m glad we went and I’m glad that I could bring you these photos of some of the more interesting animals on display.   

Crikey!

This was done on the first shot.

It was small, soft and ate the entire time I held it.
Most important - it didn't pee on me.

This is what happens when a KU grad sees an animal in its natural habitat.

Under the radar...

This is Mark - Rotarian by choice, Roo whisperer by grace of God.
Right after this picture was taken he violated this animal by reaching into its pouch.

My...what a beautiful cone. Do you come around here often?

2 comments:

  1. Yes KU grads dominate all forms of wildlife...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ryan you need to get over your Topeka Zoo issue or I'll sign you up to be a Jr. Keeper for the Day ;-) That is one mean looking bird/turkey/rhino thing.

    ReplyDelete