Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Herr-owing Experience

On Monday, we moved from Gawler to the Barossa Valley and our first stop was at a local German restaurant because, you know, they are known for their cuisine. A little wine, a little iced-coffee and some good conversation with new friends ensured that everybody had a good time.

Then we ordered…

First, as you may know, I have a rule about not photographing food in public places. It’s just not part of God’s plan. I have temporarily ended my self-imposed restriction because Sarah ordered the Pickled Herring Rollmops. While I love sushi, this was not that.  



Words fail me. Unfortunately, my other senses (like smell and sight) did not. However, Sarah gets props for branching out and trying something new…even if she was eventually asked to cover it up because it was making her fellow diners queasy.

I, however, went a more traditional route and ordered a meat pie. Sure, make all the jokes you want about my meat pie, but it was really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment