Mmm, no. It’s an AUSSIE fly.
I mean, Darwin would have loved this place. Maybe it’s the water…but the other morning I walked into the shower and the flies below were just hanging out. Pictures don't do them justice, but I would have been less surprised if they had been drinking whisky and shooting craps. Seriously, they all but asked me if I wanted my back scrubbed.
They call them Blow Flies, but it doesn’t matter…house fly, mosquito…they are all big, angry and aggressive as hell. When I took this picture, it demanded a retake to get its good side. Ridiculous.
I will miss a lot of things about this country when I leave, but the freakishly large flies will not be one of them, thank you very much.
Look at them swarm…this was just a walk through a botanical garden. The swarming happens everywhere and she was covered in DEET. |

No comments:
Post a Comment